WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

November 18, 2009

~Name Card Holders and Place Mats~

Hello Girls....I'm joining Leigh today for Thrifty Thursday....I thinks with our times being so hard right now we are all looking for thrifty gifts we can give and use....


Now I got some of these ornaments at the Dollar Tree....just love the colors of these and right away my old mind started spinning as to how I could make name card holders out of them...and what a great Christmas gift they would make and so easy...



You will need a Hot Glue pad for these....You see nothing sticks to these pads....







These also from the Dollar Tree came 6 in a package....


Got some table scatters also from Dollar Tree...they come in 3 differ kinds in each package....so you can just add however many you want on the little frames...This is a snowman one I did and used an silver pen to even add Len's initial on the snow man with...



Now here a box of old ornaments I got at Hospice for 50 cent..... I got 2 boxes of these enough to make 6 holders with



Now for these you need to take the wire hanger from one of them and put it in the other one...so now you have 2 wire hangers on 1 ornament... You now have a place to put your name card.....



Now add a big wad of hot glue on your glue pad....



Put your ornament on it... after its cooled then just peel it off the pad...this makes the ornament stand up straight....



Again I added some of those table scatters to name card and to the ornament so they match ha ha!!....Now I used Recipes cards I had to make the name cards with just cut them to the size I wanted....Now you can use fancy ornaments for these and not do the table scatters on them like I did..




Here's what they look like all done...Just think for less that 4 card holders you have have a gift that cost less than $ 5.00..... Now the blue and silver ones I just glued the cards right on them as the holder were just plastic so didn't have wire to work with...



Now I also found these foam snow flakes again at $$$ Tree and your suppose to hang them...But I thought how great these would be as place mats for my Christmas table...


Also very Little cost to make as a Christmas gift...Hey and like I said I'm all about being thrifty at Christmas...



I took my Glue glitter and out lined the snow flake to match the one place card holders I did....



Now here it is all done....If you did the place card holders and the snow flake place mats you have a special gift to give for under $9.00 and can still buy a beautiful large Christmas bag at Dollar tree and not spend more than a 10 dollar bill for the whole gift package of 4 name holders and 4 place mats....I sure hope I gave you a few things that you can make and also use as gift giving....After Thanksgiving I will show you the whole Dining Room table I did with all the stuff from the Dollar Tree....So when you see my Silver and Blue table post come up Please come by and take a look....


Many Blessings to each of you from my side of the Mountain today to yours...


37 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh now you are so clever. I love all of the placecard ideas. Such a great idea. I think I will have to try some of these. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Eileen said...

Beautiful colors! And such a great project!
Very creative! And very thrifty!
Great post!
All the best,
Eileen

Connie said...

Gloria, if you need 2 of the wire hangers for each ball, where do you get the extras? Four balls would have 4 hangers and if you need 2 for each one that would only make 2 place cards holders, right, honey??? Those are adorable and I'd love to make some just for notes around the house.
xoxo,
Connie

9405018--Pat said...

Wow! love the Christmas ornaments place cards...now I need to find a glue pad......thanks for sharing...Pat H

bj said...

OMGoodness, Gloria...you are such a crafty lady. I would have my hand glued to my butt with that hot glue. I am so NOT crafty!!
I love these...they are all so cute.
hugs, bj

Sue said...

Well, I certainly didn't know there were hot glue pads. I'm always sticking things to magazine fronts:) I love that idea of the blob that makes the ornament stand up straight. Ooo...just love it when I learn new things. If you like that blue...you will like my tree this year:)

Sue

Abatevintage said...

I love what you have created oh my gosh I just love the dollar store. The snowflake is really neat what a wonderful idea. I love the ornament holding your name I would've never thought of that. I am happy you shared some of these wonderful decorating ideas I gota get some from the Dollar Tree tomorrrow.

*®*´¯`•.¸¸.♫• Happy Holidays ♫•.¸¸.•´¯`*®*
♥´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥♥¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥ Heidi ♥)

Marigene said...

Great ideas for placecard holders! Thanks for sharing.

Jane said...

Great ideas for the name card holders...I really like the ornament holder!
Jane

susan said...

Gloria-I love the ornament place card holders. I have never even heard of a glue mat. You have taught me something tonight! Thanks and thank you for your sweet comment!

Kat said...

I love these Gloria! The name card holders are really creative, and the place mats are really cute. I love the blue and silver colors, can't wait to see the tablescape. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Evening, Dear Gloria! Oh, you're the smartest one! I love all of these marvelous little crafts! Now, I've never heard of a Glue pad. I've gotta get me one of those - how cool it that!
I'm so glad you approve of my tablescape using those precious napkin rings you've sent me! I just love them! You are so dear and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
You are a sweetie,

Shelia;)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Gloria! What wonderful ideas! I am hitting the Dollar Tree tomorrow. I have never heard of a hot glue pad and I really need one.
I got such a sweet surprise in the mail...a sweet card from you, my dear friend!! It made my day! Thank you sooo much! I needed it...leaky roof and roofer who won't show. :-( Thanks for cheering me up!...hugs...Debbie

Diann said...

Gloria hi!

Well, you just filled my head with a bunch of new holiday ideas! Wonderful projects!

Dawn said...

You are so clever! I've never heard of the glue mats. That's a great idea!
Hugs
Dawn

j said...

Those are so charming! I need to look into one of those glue pads.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi there my dear, sweet Gloria...

Oh my gosh...I was reading WAY back in Sheila's blog about her being your daughter. How sweet and special is that? You ladies are two peas in a pod, so that makes sense to me!

Now, these are some fabulous ideas you've come up with here. I'd use any one of your ideas, but my little grandson has decided it's his job to do the placecards and has for every special meal for several years now. They're soooo cute. He's just finished the artwork for the front of my Christmas cards too. He did a drawing for me last year too. I'm all about all that paper and glue stuff, but his artwork is so much more special to me.....so I'll just go with that!

Can't wait to see your table all done up.... :-) I can see I've REALLY got to go to the Dollar Tree lots more often.

Huggies!
S

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sis...

Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd come by and see if you were up! Hehe! What??? Get out of bed, lady!!! Hehe!

Girlfriend, you are sooo clever! I love all of your placecard holders...so very creative and thrifty too! You know...I can't wait to see all the beautiful blue on your table!!! I love the pretty blue and silver ornament that you used...gorgeous!!!

Now...I have never heard nor seen a pad for hot glue...that's awesome!!! Ohhh...and what a fabulous idea for getting those pretty ornament balls to set on the table!!! Anyway, all of your ornament placecard holders are fabulous!!! Did Candice help on these?

Oooh...love the pretty snowflake placemats...and they're even prettier with the blue glitter!!! Ohhh...I just know that your table is going to be sooooo fabulous!!!

Thanks for sharing your creativity and talents with us, Sis!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Gloria, You have been busy, girl, and the placecards are adorable! Love 'em! About the "M" word...in English we tell kids not to use any 4 letter words....in French they don't like the 5 letter words!
Happy Thanksgiving on your side of the mountain! Linda

Old Time Cindy said...

Some great crafting here...thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

That is a wonderful tip about using hot glue on the pad for a base. This can be used for so many things. The ornament name tag holder is brilliant. You are so creative in think up these things and making them. I also scrolled down to your toile post. I was loving the blue and white.

Madeline's Album said...

You have out done yourself again, Gloria. I love all the ideas you have shared with us. Isn't the Dollar tree a great store. Have a great day. Madeline

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Looks like you found some great buys at the Dollar Tree to get creative with.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Very cute, Gloria!!

We're on our way home, from Branson MO, today. Had a good time! I'm looking forward to getting ready for Thanksgiving with the kids and catching up with visiting in blogland!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Gloria,
I love all your crafty ideas! I am in love with the teapot tassel. I am going to try and make one. Also your place card holders are really a fun idea and add just a lovely festive touch to the dinning table or to give as gifts. I have not seen the glue pad before, I am going to check our "Michales" store for one (where have I been). Where did you find yours?. Also I love, love your blue toile and what a good shopper you are!
Have a wonderful day and keep crafting.
Elizabeth

Melissa Miller said...

So pretty and clever Gloria! I just love em' all.

I just sent you an e-mail and one last week too. I wonder if you get them though??? Can you please let me me know if they go through.

Everything is going great over here! I'm about ready to post something again very soon.

Love ya girl, ~Melissa :)

Carrie said...

Lovely ideas...I particularly love the ball ornament name card holders! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gloria,
Lunch is served!!
Love all your ideals. I can't wait to see your blue table. Thanks for visiting.
Sandy

Lori said...

Very clever!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Gloria, what wonderful idea's for name tags. I never thought to hot glue the bottom of a round ornament for standing stability. Thanks and hope you are feeling great!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Gloria,

I love all the lovely Christmas name tags and place mats.
So clever and look so great.
Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Hugs
Carolyn

Jessica said...

Gloria....this is the cutest most clever craft I have ever seen! I am definitely going to try this! I've never seen one of those hot glue pads before though.

Hugs to you!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi Gloria!
SO creative, thrifty and beautiful! Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, my sweet friend!
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

These are all great ideas. I must be off to find all the items for these projects! Thanks for the inspiration.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Marty is right! You are just so blasted clever..but then I have told you that before. Your brain would be flashing multitudes of glorious lights if we could see inside it! SPARKLE...yes...that is what we would see.

Gloria..again..you know what I feel. Thank you for your comment!

Ally's Corner said...

What great ideas placecards. Turned out very pretty.

josh said...

grandma you make everything look so easy. cant wait to show Heather. love you.