WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

December 16, 2013

On the twelve days of Christmas, My true Love gave to me.....

December 14, 2009

Dearest Dave,

I went to the door today, and the post man delivered a partridge in a pear tree. This was delightful gift! I couldn't have been more surprised or pleased darling!

With truly the deepest love,

Agnes



December 15, 2009

Dearest Dave,

Today the postman brought me yet another of your sweet gifts. The two turtle doves that arrived today are adorable, and I'm delighted by your thoughtful and generous ways.

With all of my love,

Yours, Agnes



December 16, 2009

Dearest Dave,

You've truly been to kind! I must protest: I don't deserve such generosity. The thought of getting three French hens amazes me. Yet, I am not surprised...what more should I expect from such a nice person.

Love,
Agnes



December 17, 2009

Dear Dave,

Four calling birds arrived in the mail today. They are truly nice but don't you think that enough is enough? You are being too romantic.

Affectionately,
Agnes



December 18, 2009


Dearest darling Dave,

It was a surprise to get five golden rings! I now have one for every finger. Your truly are impossible Darling, yet oh how I love it! Quite frankly, all these birds squawking from the previous days were starting to get on my nerves. Yet, you managed to come through with a beautiful valuable gift!

All my love,
Agnes


December 19, 2009

Dear Dave,

Well I opened my door, there were actually six geese a-laying on my front steps. So you're back to the birds again, huh? Those geese are dear, but where will I keep them?

The neighbors are complaining, and I am unable to sleep with all this racket. Please stop dear.

Cordially,
Agnes

December 20, 2009


Dave,

What is with you and those stupid birds? Seven swans a-swimming !!! What kind of sick joke is this !!?? There are bird droppings everywhere! They never shut up, and I don't get any sleep!! I'm a nervous wreck! It's not funny you weirdo, so stop with the birds.

Sincerely,
Agnes

December 21, 2009

O.K. wise guy,

The birds were bad enough, Now what do you expect me to do with eight maids a-milking? If that's not enough, they had to bring their cows!! The front lawn was completely ruined by them, and I can't move in my own house! Just lay off me or you'll be sorry!
Agnes

December 22, 2009


Hey loser,

What are you? You must be some kind of sadist!! Now there are nine pipers playing, and they certainly do play! They haven't stopped chasing those maids since they got here! The cows are getting upset, and they're stepping all over those screeching birds. The neighbors are getting up a petition to evict me, and I'm going out of my mind!

You'll get yours!
Agnes

December 23, 2009

You rotten scum!!

There are now ten ladies dancing! There is only one problem with that! They're dancing twenty-four hours a day all around me with the pipers upsetting the cows and the maids, The cows can't sleep, and they are going to the bathroom everywhere! The building commissioner has subpoenaed me to give cause as to why the house shouldn't be condemned! I can't even think of a reason! You creep! I'm sicking the police on you!

One who means it!

December 24, 2009

Listen you evil, sadistic, maniac!

What's with the eleven lords a-leaping?!? They are leaping across the rooms breaking everything and even injuring some of the maids! The place smells, is an absolute mad house, and is about to be condemned! At least the birds are quite: they were trampled to death by the cows, I hope you are satisfied...you rotten vicious worthless piece of garbage!

Your sworn enemy,
Agnes

December 25, 2009

The Law Offices of
Badger, Rees, and Yorker
20 Knave Street
Chicago, Illinois

Dear Sir,

This is to acknowledge your latest gift of twelve fiddlers-fiddling which you have seen fit to inflict on our client, one Agnes Mc Holstein. The destruction of course was total. If you attempt to reach Ms. Mc Holstein at Happy Daze sanitarium, the attendants have instructions to shoot you on site.

Please direct all correspondence to this office in the future. With this letter, please find attached a warrant for your arrest.

Cordially,
Badger, Rees, and Yorker

This is a post I did a few years ago and thought I would do a repeat..Just because.
May all my dear blogging friends have a Blessed CHRISTmas and a "Happy New Year"



Until next time from my mountain to yours,

Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria


30 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Happy to see your blog pop up today! Your sense of humor always a treat. Merry Christmas. Sally

Elizabeth said...

I had not seen it before,so glad you reposted!

Dawn said...

Still funny! Love your humor dear! It was worth the 15 minutes it took me to remember my blog sign in info...couldn't work it out through fb lol. Stay warm on that mountain top!

Picket said...

lol brings back such good memories reading your blog again...hope you are doing good and looking at Christmas lights...love you soooo sis and wish you a Very Merry Christmas....love Picket

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Too cute, Gloria and it is good to see you back. Will this be a constant now?? Please keep those 10 fingers a typing!! Happy Monday..Judy

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see you here Gloria! I like your version of 12 Days of Christmas.:-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How I have missed you!

xoxoxo

Sheila

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love this!
And oh how I miss the olden blogger days with you Gloria.
Just so happy your on fb.
Love ya friend,
Cindy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Gloria, I love this!!! It's so funny. Gives new meaning to that song that's a little crazy anyway.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

Good one Gloria. Wishing you and your family a very blessed holiday season. Great hearing from you again.
Sandy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a thrill to hear from you again. Love you and hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

Silvia said...

So so good to see you!!....merry Xmas to you and family and a big hug from me...I missed you..xo

Tootsie said...

Merry Christmas MOM!!! I love this post...I am so glad to see you popping up in my feed and knowing that you still have all your humor intact! Love you...Miss you SOOOOO much!
xoxo
Toots

Madeline's Album said...

I hope you will be posting more, I have missed your showing your antiques and your sense of humor. Hope you are doing well. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Ivy and Elephants said...

Gloria so glad to see your post, it really put a smile on my face! We miss you so. Wishing you a happy and blessed holiday season.
Hugs,
Patti

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Merry, Merry Christmas. I hope you and your family have a very Blessed Holiday. Hugs, Marty

Draffin Bears said...

Lovely to see you and your blog again Gloria and many thanks for visiting me and the kind note you left.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014

Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie Gloria! So nice to hear from you and I pray you and your family are doing well. I miss miss miss you so much.
Love you,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss your Gloria! I hope all is well with you and your family.
Love you,
Shelia ;)

bj said...

Hey, girlfriend..you doing ok ??

Ivy and Elephants said...

Gloria, so thrilled to hear from you!I'm glad you are doing okay and still thinking of us. Always a treat when you come and visit. I come by sometimes just to peek at your gorgeous antiques and how you display them so beautifully. We love and miss you, glad to know you are watching. Please steer us if you see us going off the rails!
Big hugs,
Patti and Paula

Anonymous said...

Gloria! How wonderful to hear from you and I pray you're doing well. I still miss you tremendously from blogland but my main prayer is that you're taking care of yourself and enjoying your family. Yes, hubby and me are getting a bit crazy in our olden age but those babies are growing so fast and I don't want to miss anything else in their little lives. Love you,
Shelia ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gloria! How on earth are you??? I hope things are good on your side of the mountain and that you are enjoying life. I have missed you and was wondering about you the other day! So glad you came calling.

Ghost blog? LOL. No, it will ever be that as I got so many wonderful laughs, eye candy, and life lessons here. It is still alive to me.

Sending you all my love across the miles...

xo

Sheila :-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, I think about you and the other RMS friends so often. I'm starting to feel like such a hoarder that I would welcome you and your big purse at my house. (I'd probably give you a suitcase or 2 to fill also). I'm going to have to get rid of some stuff! I love when I see you on FB, and I love getting a comment from you. I hope you and all of your family are doing well. I enjoy seeing pictures on FB. Our grands are growing up fast. Take care of yourself. Love ya, Laurie

Salmagundi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. It's always good to hear from a blogging friend from way back!! Have a joyful Christmas. Sally

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I always loved this, and I love you, too.

Hope you have a very Happy New Year, Gloria!

Miss you!!!

xo

Sheila :-)

Rue said...

I know you've quit blogging for the most part, but I wanted to pop in and tell you I answered back on my blog.

It's good to hear from you my friend and I hope you're doing well.

Love you!
rue

Rue said...

Just popping in to say hi, my friend!

love you,
rue

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hello my sweet friend. Gosh I loved seeing your sweet comment on the bedroom makeover. The paint color in there is Wedding Bells by Valspar. The up coming living room and diningroom/reading room is Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams. When I discovered I didn't have enough I went to Walmart and was able to match it there and that color is Wood Smoke. I used the Glidden brand and absolutely love it. I'm thinking of putting using it here in the office as well. It's the perfect shade of gray. I say go for it darling. Your color choices are always right on. I think your room done in gray with your beautiful rose will turn out gorgeous. I'm so excited to see you feeling good and doing things around your home again. Miss you like crazy and will surprise you with another phone call soon. fondly ~lynne~

Rue said...

I left you a message on my last blog post about the old days ;)

xoxo,
rue