WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

July 17, 2009

~FOR SALE~

Oh I know what your thinking...the other day I was trying to give Len away to a "Bad Home" and today I want to "Sell him".....Nope that's not it...You see that Red 1967 El Camino Len is standing by...Well I had this car before I met Len, In fact that's how I met him 8 years ago today...I had put this car in our local Buy-n-sell Newspaper to sell....Well guys I had a ton of tire kickers up here wanting it but didn't want to meet my price on it...You see this car was the second to the last car to come off the Old Chevy plant in Oakland, Calif in 1967 that was the year they closed it down and I have all the paper work proofing this it still has the original INDIAN Red paint job on it...Is she not a beauty...Well any way the ad only ran for 2 weeks, and about a week after that this guy calls and leave a phone message telling me he might want this car and Please call him....Well I did call him that night and he had me on the phone for over an hour asking everything thing he could about this car...Now the only thing I know about cars is that when the gas gage says E that doesn't mean ENOUGH!! but EMPTY...ha ha!! So he humored me when I told him this was my Late Husband car and we never drove it...just took it to local car shows...Told him my price and his still did not hang up!! We made a date for him to come up on Saturday to see the car...Of course he also called me Saturday to say he was running late...(the signs were there even then that he would always be late) He has asked me on the phone how long I had been windowed, how old was I, and what I looked like etc...Now come on would you be truthful to someone you don't know on the phone...for all I knew this man could be "Chester the Molester" So I told him on a good day I weighted 250 lbs stood six feet and if I didn't smile no one knew I had teeth missing...ha ha!! Hey I was on this mountain top alone girls...


Any hoo I was out watering my yard when he pulled up the driveway and he got out and came walking up the walk ....And I kid you not when he seen me he said he was looking for Gloria and I told him I'm Gloria...All he said was "YES INDEED" and then he said WOW! you look nothing like what you told me...Told him I shrunk, lost weight and had some quick dental work done ha ha!! Any way this man was at my house for 7 hours looking at this car...duh !! I knew he was more interested in "little red than Big red by that time ha ha!! YOU THINK!!! He took me out to dinner that night finally left and said he would get back to me about the car....Of course Len didn't know I have caller ID and on Sunday he called 4 times and hung up as soon as I answered...



On Monday morning he called again....and suggested maybe we should go out to a Mexican dinner and discuss the car some more (how much can we talk about a car?)....Said how about Wednesday night I come by and get you at 5pm....You see Len is very shy around women...He can talk cars all day with guys as he loves old cars and when I met him he had 25 cars...Yes you heard me right 25...He will spend hours reading Hot Rod books....But don't ask him to read anything else unless you put a picture of a Hot Rod on it he won't touch it ha ha!!! Any way we did dinner and like they say the rest is History...Now the gnl wfo on the license's plate Stands for Gloria -n- Len....Way -Far -Out...Remember I am far out on a mountain....



Now this is Len's 1968 Corvette he came up here to take me out to Dinner in....Is it not a beauty....




I mean come on guys what girl could resist Mexican Food and a Corvette...And a guy that gives you the PEACE sign....



His license plate may be all ZERO"S but will tell you he's My HERO!!! I kid him now that he just didn't want to meet my price on my car ha ha!!!


May all of you have a great weekend my friends....And Len you know you love me more than my car... "HAPPY 8 th ANNIVERSARY LEN"



Hugs and smiles, Gl♥ria


I've learned...That life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes....

44 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Gloria.. Happy Anniversary Darling... what a romantic story... that is definetly one for the memory books..and now it's preserved as well you in your beautiful blog..
Are you sure the pics looked ok??? I thought they were HUGE... did I do something wrong???
hugs ~lynne~

Connie said...

He married you for your CAR,sugar?!?! That's a very cute story, chick! He didn't need to pay for it since he married ya but I'd make him take me out to dinner every single weekend both days......
xoxo,
Connie

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great story. It is so much fun to read each other's blogs. Your pictures are super. Thanks for sharing.

Charla

Salmagundi said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! That was a great story. May you have many more years driving down the road together!! Sally

Melissa Miller said...

How cute and sweet Gloria!

I enjoyed reading your romantic love story. The car is a beauty but Len knew that you were much prettier.

Have a great evening on your mountaintop. ~Melissa :)

Sue said...

The car AND you... Now that was a steal and a deal..... Happy Anniversary to you both!!! hugs, Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Gloria! Now are you sure Len didn't just marry you for that car? ;) You know I'm kidding! What a car! That's a great looking El Camino and Len's Corvette! I am not showing this great old cars to Mr. Precious! He would simply flip out! Now does Len still have all those cars and where do you keep them all?
Happy Anniversary, Dear One.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Draffin Bears said...

What a lovely story Gloria and it was neat to read how you met Len.
Reads like a Fairytale and was meant to be.
Happy Anniversary and many more.

Hugs
Carolyn

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gloria, what a cute story! I loved it, and I want to wish you two a very Happy Annivesary!

Loved this SO much...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Gloria! What a fabulous and adorable story! LOL @ how much can someone talk about a car!

Happy Anniversary to you both! You had me laughing the whole time! I hope you had a wonderful and fun anniversary!

Tina

xinex said...

What a sweet story, Gloria. Happy Anniversary!...Christine

Tootsie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!!! I have spoken to Len on the phone...but had only seen one photo of him...I think you both are very special...one of you more special to me than most anyone...I love ya mom...
I hope my dad doesn't see this post...he will be hitting the hi-way to see that car!
So??? do you still have the car he came to buy?
Have a good weekend...I am sending your birthday gift out next week...so that I am sure you are home when it arrives...and because I can't decide what to send....I have changed it about 6 times now. Maybe I should just send it all! lol
Oh yea...those lamps...I can't find the lamp parts!!! No one here sells the little stick lamp things. I drove all over town yesterday..an came home seriously crabby and tired. I have one more place to check...before I just lose it. Why is it that no matter what it is that I decide to make...I can't find at least one important piece...yesterday it was the lamp guts...today it was gromets that will fit my gromet gun....good thing I wasn't looking for chocolate! lol

ksarra said...

This is soooo sweet. What a cute love story! When I read the title I wondered, "What's going on now???" HA All happiness to ya'll on your anniversary!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Gloria,
Happy Anniversary to you and Len~ I love this story and you always have me laughing too! What a sweet couple you are! I swear its so romantic but the part about you being 250 and no teeth just has me giggling my head off! Have a wonderful week-end! Hugs, Cindy

Justine said...

Aw Gloria, I just loved this post! I finally got to see Len, and boy is he a looker! And the cars are gorgeous too. That El Camino is just amazing, especially because the paint job is original!

Happy Anniversary to GnL!!!!

Justine :o )

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

That was a wonderful anniversary tribute to your hubby! So entertaining to read your love story! Happy Anniversary and I hope you have many more together!
~Hugs, Patti

Kat said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful story! Love the part where you described yourself on the phone, girl you are a hoot! That El Camino is a gem. And so are you and Len! E doesn't stand for enough? Oh well, when I was a gearhead teenager, I always thought that R should stand for "race" lol. Hugs, Kathy

Amelia said...

Happy Anniversary! :0) Your car is like my church bench..I hope you kept it! What a lovely story of the beginnings of your life together....may you always be together to the end of The roll"! :0)
Have a wonderful anniversary weekend!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Gloria....what a wonderful, sentimental, hilarious story!
Happy Anniversary to both of you and many, many more!

I race to your blog to see what exciting post I will find....I am never disappointed!
Hugs,
Jil

josh said...

happy anniverseary grandma. thtats a cute post you did about how you and lenny met. i love that el camino. sorry havent talked to you in a while. its been really crazy here. i'll call u later. love ya
josh

My name is Riet said...

Happy anniversay. What a romantic story. I loved to read it.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Gloria, thanks so much for your encouragement and help. I don't know how I would make it at times without you. It is such a blessing knowing you are there. I hope you're having a super w/k..
hugs ~lynne~

Loretta said...

Hi Gloria! Happy Anniversary to you and Len. What a great story! Hope you took that gorgeous truck out for a spin to celebrate! Hugs, Loretta

Madeline's Album said...

Happy Anniversary Gloria and Len. This was a great post and great pictures.

Connie said...

That is really such a cute story about the cars. You sound very happy and I'm sure he is.
Thanks for stopping by the other day. I think I am getting back to whatever normal is. Trying to get MY PROFILE by my picture, but don't want to mess everything up. When I start fooling with the buttons, it leads to trouble and we can't have that, can we ?
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!

SmilingSally said...

Aw, Gloria, you not only collect things, you collect the heart of a sweetie. Happy Anniversary!

Four Paws and Co said...

Happy Anniversary Gloria & Len! Loved this story Gloria & the pictures are awesome! I'm married to a car nut too - I know what you mean. ☺♥☺ Diane

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

What a great story! Who knew selling a car could be so romantic? :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well, naturally you are one the first blogs I headed to! Yep, a guy and his car! A relationship to behold! TWENTY FIVE? A regular "car slut" I would say! LOL I don't think Len married you for your car...but sweetie...it didn't hurt! I'd have married you for that car!! (giggle)
Hugs and thanks for your get well wishes..YOU are the best, Gloria!
Mona

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Happy Anniversary!
I enjoyed reading your story!
:)
~Becca~

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Gloria, what a cute story! My husband is going to be drooling all over my computer when I show him these two vehicles! They are both real beauties! My husband loves El Caminos, so he will be crazy over that one! Loved hearing the story of the way you and Len met. That is so great! laurie

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Gloria and Len! Thats such an awesome story... I love to hear about how people met and fell in love!

Have a great rest of the week end!
Love and Light
~Rainey~

Cathy said...

Gloria, What an amazing story. Love those cars. Wow! Especially the Corvette. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Corvettes.

Happy anniversary sweet pea.

Cath

Jewel Sauls said...

That story just warmed my heart like you couldn't believe! Y'all are just too cute! Happy Anniversary! :D Jewel

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary to the special couple!! G that is a wonderful story, Loved it! We had a 65 Chevelle, and have been looking for one again. Butch raced her at Atco racetrack and won lots of trophies! Hope you have a great day sweetie!! xoxxoo

squawmama said...

Oh Gloria this was such a romantic story and he did get the car & the beautiful girl... Happy Anniversary my friend. Love you

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Sis...

Girl, I am still soooo far behind...I can't believe that I've missed your last couple of posts! I'm so sorry!!!

First of all...Happy Anniversary to you and Len!!! Girl, I just adore your love story of how the two of you met!!! Loved the photos of your El Camino and Len's pretty corvette too!!! I know it's a little belated but sending the two of you my very best wishes for many, many happy years together, Darlin'!!! Happy, Happy Anniversary...love ya'll!!!

We went over for our little local town's "Old Fashioned Saturday Night" last night and had a blast! Russell took his old 1953 Ford and took first place in the Vintage category...got a really nice plague!!! It was so special...his Dad had taken that car over for that show several years and never got anything so it really was sweet!!! Afterwards Russell held up the plaque and said, "This one's for you, Dad!" So the night was awesome!!! After the show they did a cruise in...so I snuggled up close to my honey right beside him in the seat of that old 53 Ford and we went cruisen'...hehe!!! I loved it! Hey...was going to ask if Len still has 25 cars or has he gotten rid of most of them? Wow...that's alot of horse power...hehe!!!

I also looked down through your last post...OMG!!!...Firl, you got such a fabulous bargain on your new Crown Ducal dishes!!! They're just gorgeous...and if I had seen them, I would have definitely bought them...I love, love, LOVE THEM!!! I love the creamy color with the gold banding and ohhhh...that embossing!!! They really are beautiful!!! I can't wait to see a tablescape with them, Sis!!! You got some great things...love your little black & white toile teapot too!!! So pretty!!! I'm just sooooo happy for you that you found all those fabulous treasure finds!!!

Well Sis...I'll talk with you later! I'm now trying to get caught up with my Sunday Favorites post...responding to all the participants! I don't know if I'll ever get caught up!!! Just wanted to stop by to say hello and tell ya that I love you, Sis!!!

Chari

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Gloria, you are too cute! And you do know how to tell a story - loved it - so funny and sweet. And Happy Anniversary! Linda

Unknown said...

You are hilarious. lol. Great story.

bj said...

Happy, happy anniversary, sweet lady.

"Blossom" said...

Gloria, how funny. 40 years ago I married my hubby. A corvette guy from way back. I will show you photos of our vetts soon. My son in law is about ready for paint.
We have a 77 corvette, white and now the 66 will be orginal red.
You gotta love a corvette guy. Thanks for the visit this morning.
I hope so soon.
blossom

Jessica said...

G~

This is the cutest story!

Hugs~ J

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh that was a good story Gloria ! I really enjoyed it. He sounds alot like my hunny bunny.Hunny Bunny LOVES old cars.and he is shy also.He only has 2 cars though .A 50 chevy and a I think a 75 chevy.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a sweet, wonderful "how we first met" story! I hope your anniversary was full of love & romance.

I say he didn't marry you for your car, you married him for his. ;o) That corvette is the coolest!!!