WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

August 10, 2009

~HAPPY DANCE SUNDAY~





Good Morning...Hope all of you had a great and fun weekend !!! Now as for me it was indeed my Favorite Sunday of the month...Second Sunday...Ooooh did I tell you how I love to go to Second Sunday swap meet...Well with over 300 dealers it's always allot of eye candy and just a fun day...Oh and girls they have the Best Hot dogs...Oh YUM!!

Oh Look at this sweet Stafford dog this is reminded me of Shelia at our very our "Note Songs" I could just picture this doggie with her other Pups...Even Miss Chloe Dawn I think would let him in the house...don't you think...

Also loved this marble phone...and the brass Duck one...I guess you could do a Duck Call on that one...ha ha!!

oh and girls I so remember these from the sixties...Remember then everyone had a Yellow Kitchen...Yellow was suppose to make you happy to be there...ha ha!! Of course I don't care what color you paint it the only way I would be happy in a kitchen is if you put a cook in it....Besides me !!!



All this beautiful crystal I could just see Chari at "Happy to Design" doing a beautiful table with all this beauty...

Now this French mirror and brush would look wonderful in Melissa's " Heart and Home" Master bathroom with all her beautiful blue she has going on...Oh and if you have not been by her Blog PLEASE do yourself a huge favor and go and see her most awesome home and besides she is a lovely young woman besides... I think I will adopt this one as another daughter ha ha!!

Now this cream and green just screamed Sue at "A stitch in Thyme" name to me, she has a wonderful Prim home and girls you would love her humor...

For the "shabby Chic" girls...Oh my I see me in the mirror...Boy all that great food while in Texas added some pounds on me ha ha!! ....BACK AWAY from the Mirror Gloria.


WOW!! Look at all that silver ware...We could have a great time with Susan's "Between naps on the Porch" doing a tablescape with this...It was all just a Dollar each....

And this Beautiful Royal Dalton china...Oh girls this is so Lynne from " Lynne's gifts from the heart" don't you think....

OMG !! I just can't stay away from the mirrors....This piece is from Italy and get this girls, the guy wanted $4800.00 for it...Now come on this is a swap meet...guy said he would let me have it for $ 4500.00 ....Such a Deal ha ha!! Walk away from the mirror Gloria


Now I do love this new "Martha Stewart" Green they are using so much of lately...


Love these old tins...

More Martha !!

This just brought back sad time in our great nation...all apart of history now...How many can remember that day in History....November 22, 1963 and what you were doing that day...I was watching " as the world turns" and ironing clothes Had just put my 2 little daughters now for a nap...Yes Dawna before you ha ha!! and Yes Dawna I ironed and watched Soaps then...You Brat...I know you are reading this ha ha!!

Oh "Happy Days" remember when we could get music right from our table while we were eating...

Len Loved these....

And of course he loved the old petal cars...this one from "Hot August Nights" which is a car show in Reno, Nv every year...this year they had over 5500 cars out for cruise night...Len just went last week ....





A Nippon Cheese Keeper...see that price $ 125.00 WOW!





Is this not beautiful...so reminded me of Madeline at "Madeline Album" She would have loved this...



Oh Look another me shot in the mirror...BACK AWAY from the mirror Gloria ....

Loved this screen...No room left at my Inn for it tho...



This guy had some great old Meds...


Great drug store stuff... Penny candy anyone..
Now this is so Picket... At " Picket's Place" a very large dough bowl.


Now it's time to show you what made me do my "Happy to be" dance today...I got this French opera fan all hand painted from ca. 1900 with the frame....

Just look at that beautiful painting on it...


Also got 2 Florentine flowers pictures.....





Did I tell you I love lace will I do...so this just screamed my name when I seen it...

It found a new home on my coffee table...Just love the dainty looking border on it...The gal had about 12 of them all made from wedding dresses and then dyed...LOVE IT...so romantic looking..Also got me a white one for my bedroom coffee table...
Hope all of you enjoyed the swap meet as much as I did...
May all of you have a safe and Blessed week...
Hugs and smiles Glria

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria! How cool!!! I loved everything! the Shabbby Chic furniture was awesome! The old tins were great! Ooohhh and the green and white that reminded you of Sue was so beautiful! :)

Thanks for sharing!

PS I am going to do a genealogy post real soon! :)

xoxoxoxo
Donna Marie

Anonymous said...

Gloria I do so wish I could find a Second Sunday type of shopping place around here!! I love the way you are always looking out for special finds for your blogging friends!

Love the fan and piece of lace! I just found a piece of the cream green ware a few weeks ago- 50 cents!!

I do so love your funniness! I agree with you about the only way to like a kitchen is having a cook!

blessings
mary

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I loved shopping with you, Gloria. It was a lot of fun and some good loot, too! I'm so glad you found things you loved and brought home with you. Those "shiny objects" need a good home... that's what I tell myself when I adopt one more. ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

I see so many things I would have loved to have! That pretty vanity with the curvy mirror and the little white table with the ridge (tea table) and the handmirror & brush set. Fabulous. I keep saying I have to go, but I have to pinch the pennies right now; someday.

Thanks for taking us along!

Tina

Dawna said...

Hi MOM,
Yes I did stop by and I cant believe you did things without me(lol)anyways I LOVE U

Pug1 said...

Looks like it was FUN! CHEERS! Michele

Draffin Bears said...

Oh that was wonderful Gloria.
I loved so many things there that you showed. What a lovely day out.
The green table and chairs, I thought was pretty.

You had me laughing when you were saying back away from the mirrors Lol

I hope that you are having a fun week
Hugs
Carolyn

Tootsie said...

I was thinking of you this sunday wondering what you would bring home for me to "load up"
hope all is well with you! what an awesome post!

Salmagundi said...

What fun you have every month! When can I come along? I'm like you - give me a kitchen with a cook besides me!! Have a good week. Sally

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Gloria,
Oh, I am so jealous girl! This looks so fabulous and we don't have wonderful flee markets like this. Ours look like stuff you should throw in the dumpster. I just love your great finds and You are such a tiny thing and you shouldn't worry about mirrors. I remember the day Kennedy died, I was in 1st grade in a Catholic School and all the nuns were crying so much. I also didn't get to watch the Mickey Mouse club when I got home. I was so young but its burned in my memory. Hugs, Cindy

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Gloria, You have such a charming & funny writing style - I'll bet you are just a happy, hilarious person in real life! Great tour of all those nostalgic items, and how thoughtful of you to find things for people in blogland! Linda

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I would have been is SO much trouble had I been there! I best stick to garage sales..but how fun it was just looking at all those goodies!
I saw your tiny self reflected in the mirror! You still got it, Sweetie! :) Oh to be that tiny again!

I just bought an umbrella for the yard that color of green. LOVE it!
That little table was ...HOW did you pass it up?!

Have a great Wednesday sweet friend!
Mona

Melissa Miller said...

Girl everything is just sooooo beautiful!!!!

I just LOVE the brush set that you said reminded you of me. How fancy smancy huh!
You can be my other mother anytime my friend. Sounds great to me!

Have a wonderful day,
~Melissa :)

onlymehere said...

I'm just loving this swap meet! We honestly don't have anything like this around here and I sure wish we did! I really love looking at the dishes. I kind of have a weakness for those, lol! Thanks for taking me with you today! Cindy

Justine said...

I tell ya what girl, I think I'm starting to love second Sunday almost as much as you, and I'm just seeing pictures of it! Go up and look at that second collage you did. See that beautiful white dresser? I have no clue why, but that baby just screamed out to me and I WANT IT!!! No clue why, I just love it.
And that beautiful fan you got? Ohhhhhhh... the detail on it is amazing!!!!!!!
If I ever get over there for a visit I'll have to time it for the second Sunday of the month!

Justine :o )

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Gloria! I wish we had something like that here! And how much fun is that...so many pretty things! It looks like you were having a good time! And there you are...thnking about your fellow bloggers! Isn't it funny how you can get to know someone well enough to spot something they would love without ever having met them! You are a sweetie! ;-) Hugs...Debbie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oooohhh...there is some yummy stuff there! I love flea market type sales. Glad you found some treasures!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Yeeehawww Sis...

Girl, what a treasure!!! I love your hand painted opera fan...it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I just love all the intricate details on it...ohhh, where are you going to put this beauty? Love, love, LOVE the Florentine paintings...ohhh, those beautiful gold ornate frames...so beautiful!!! That beautiful lace cloth is so pretty...it's perfect on your coffee table! Oh my, I can't even begin to imagine taking apart a wedding dress to make those...can you? Beautiful, beautiful treasure finds, Darlin'...I'm so happy for you!!!

Girl, you are absolutely right...ohhh my, the tablescape that I could create with some of those gorgeous pieces of crystal! Ohhh yeaaaa!!! Dang...I sure wished we had a Sunday swap meet like this somewhere near me...shoot, I'd always be broke though! Hehe! I loved some of those beautiful pieces of furniture! Ohhh...so many pretties!!! Thanks for taking us along for a virtual shopping trip...I loved it!!!

Love ya, Sis!
Chari
PS...you're just so darn cute! Hehe..."back away from the mirror, Gloria"...I laughed so hard! Girl, you have nothing to worry about...sheesshh...you're such a pretty lady!!!

Coloradolady said...

Gloria! What great things...love all the booths too. I wish we had a place like that around here, well...we do....but not so great of stuff!! How fun!!

Tootsie said...

I am glad you fixed it!!! I'd hate for you to miss me!!! hee hee
I love the green...but it has to be that exact color...Lime green is too cheap and IKEA for me. It loses it's charm when it is the wrong shade.
I miss you mom....I am just dying right now. I spent some time learning how to swing a golf club today....and feel like my whole lower back is about to burst! I feel like I am an old Grannie!!!
lol
Thanks for stopping to visit today. Trying to get some shot for FF....maybe you should email me some...and I will feature you!

Mary said...

What a fun post! I feel as though I was there...we have an antique flea market every month that is very similar...they have wonderful things! Thanks for sharing...it was really fun!

Mary

squawmama said...

Oh girlfriend I saw so many things loved and want but where would I put it in TASSIE??? Thanks for posting so many wonderful things...

Have Fun!
(((HUGS)))
Donna

nikkicrumpet said...

How much fun. I'm lusting over that green dining table and those wonderful white chairs with the beautiful fabric. Gosh those are going to be in my dreams tonight. I love the lace you bought...it is gorgeous! What a fun day.

Eileen said...

This was great!!
We used to have wonderful shopping like this nearby us, but not anymore. You are so lucky!
This was so nice of you to take us all browsing with you! I loved it!
And you got some great finds!
All the best,
Eileen

Jessica said...

Oh, how I love going to Happy Dance Sunday with you....I loved....oh....everything!

Hope you have a great day!

♥ J

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Gloria, what a "great" day you had on Sunday. What fun, fun treasures. You're right I love, love love the china.. It is so me.. Reminds me of my Grandma. Could see myself enjoying it. Loved the glass oval tray and that screen.. oh girl if I only had room. And the lace you got.. girl you can never have enough lace that is to die for "gorgeous". Love the treasures you brought home. I know you'll find the "perfect" spot for them. I so wish I could swing out by to go with you just"one" time. I guess for now a gal can dream can't she? This was a "wonderful" post, your pictures are incredible.. loved the shots of you in the mirrors..
hugs ~lynne~

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oooh, I enjoyed going along with you to the swap meet! This looks like second heaven, I LOVE things like this, haven't been to one in ages! Thanks for sharing!

Love, love, love that lace table cover you bought!!

Katherine

Amelia said...

I can see why it is your favorite place! I'd just love to be able to browse right along side of you!!!! Hey!...Just so you know...Tootsie is my only real sister...LilSil is my "little sister in-law" So...she's not genetically linked...but I am trying to train her in the junkin direction! Ha! I hope you are having a fantastic day Mom! Smiles and hugs! :0)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Sis...

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that we're going camping up in the mountains this weekend. In fact, we're leaving early tomorrow morning and won't be back until some time Sunday evening! I'm so excited about this trip...it's going to be so much fun...I love the mountains!!!

Well Darlin'...just wanted you to know...didn't want you to worry about me if you didn't hear from me for a few days!

Love ya, Sis!
Chari

Dawn said...

Eye candy? That was a virtual feast. Where is this place ~ I want to visit!
Dawn

Unknown said...

Gloria, great post. This is the first time I have been to your blog. I have really enjoyed everything. Wish I had a First or Second Sunday place to go like that. Thanks for the shopping trip.
Sandy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh My Goodness Gracious! It's a good thing I can't go to these swap meets. I'd be even more broke than I already am. What fantastic stuff they have. Oh, that fan you came home with is gorgeous! The details on it are amazing! The pictures are so pretty too, and that lace looks so pretty and feminine on your coffee table. You did have a good day! laurie