WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

August 15, 2010

~Drop Your Drawers Here~

Hello Girls, hope all of you are having a GREAT Day.



Stick a fork in me I'm done!! Remember last year in August I got my bead board wallpaper and told you I was going to do my Laundry room/Hallway with it...Hey I'm olden and slower now so it takes me longer to do things ha ha!!


First I had to tear off all the old wallpaper I had in here..

Got out my trusty tool kit ha ha!! and went to work...Girls I buy these tool kits by the case because Len keep breaking and hiding them ha ha!!



My tool kit had to redo all the walls in here...What a mess with all that sheet rock sanding...I really did look like "Casper the friendly Ghost " Does anyone remember Casper or am I just dating myself once again ha ha!!


I love the way my Tool Kit did all the trim around the doors for me...It's so matches the trim now in my living room...Love the little fret work pieces tool kit put up... I love also I can read the time on this big rail road French clock... (without my glasses on)


Tool Kit also hung up some of my Antique lights for me...


The only Roo in my whole house is on this lamp shade...sighs...I told you my daughter Dawna steals every Roo I get...Oh don't think she didn't try and take this shade from me...She put it on her head like a party hat lol!!


Tool Kit painted the walls Mark Twain Mocha from Lowes....and I have always loved Toile so I had to add Waverly red toile valance to my olden door from ca. 1910 this door still has the original glass in it..L♥ve it...


My newest wringer I got from from my favorite Antique shop in Gardnerville, Nv Cheshire Antiques the same place I got my Candy Cabinet from...To see my Candy Cabinet click Here...



I shopped my house and found these plates (under the bed) and being there were red just knew I could put them on this wall...Painted an old frame red to make them Pop more...




Singer sewing machine drawer...I keep my fabric softener sheets in it...






My olden soap box collection...L♥ve these...These are still full





I love my old Ball fruit jar turned lamp...filled it with clothes pins







A few of my old irons...



My "boot saver" rack I use to hang clothes hangers on.


My little child's ironing board and scrub board...A pillow duster hangs down from the soap shelf...



Another pillow duster...


I love the way Tool kit did this window for me...adds much needed light... I call this my "Little House on the Prairie" bonnet ha ha!! That's my old Sassafras broom hanging from a horse collar hanger... Girls I have had this broom for over 20 years and still use it every day...It cost more than one from the Dollar store but will tell you it's so worth the $$...


If you want a GREAT broom that really lasts a life time I recommend it highly...



Tool Kit also added one of my old glass door knobs to the outhouse bathroom door and trimmed it all out to match...



One day I will show you my outhouse bathroom...if you promise not to laugh!! I know I'm so weird but I have always loved things that I don't see in other peoples house...told you I march to a guitar with a few strings missing ha ha!! I still have 2 rolls of the paper left so I think I'll redo my outhouse with it...



This bead board wall paper was so easy to put up and it does look and feel like the real stuff at half the cost and time... I love that I can paint it if I get tired of the white.


Looking in from my living room...This laundry room/hallway was one of the first addition we did to this one room cabin...if you're like to see how it started click here...



Thank you all for coming by and seeing me today...I'm joining these parties this week as I'm just a party animal...


Susan at "Between naps on the porch" for Met Monday
Marty at a "Stroll thru life" for Table Top Tuesday
Diane at " A picture is worth a 1000 words for 2nd time around Tuesday
Suzanne at" Coloradolady" for Vintage Thingie Thursday

Cindy at "My Romantic Home" for show-n-tell Friday

Until next time from my mountain to yours,



Hugs and smiles Glria



ps. I almost forgot to tell my Tool Kit Thanks Darling, Love you to the moon and back!!

48 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks great, Gloria! I love how you've put little touches of red throughout this area. I absolutely love your toile valance, too!

Lynn said...

I clicked back to see how it started. Amazing!You are living in an honest to goodness museum! I love it!

Lori E said...

You are so creative. So many great ideas to pass on. I really do have to get some of that beadboard wallpaper for my entry way. It is such a crappy little spot and I need some inspiration to fix it up.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love the red plates! Love the wallpaper! Love the old soap boxes! I could go on and on! Thanks for sharing your fab space today!

Melissa Miller said...

Gloria this room is beautiful! It may be one of my most favorite rooms you have ever shown us. Love it! I'm going to have to send you a Roo saying it's just for my *blogger Mom*. LOL! Love that precious shade too.

Have a good week.
Melissa :)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh do I ever love this laundry room Gloria!
I do believe it is the neatest one I have ever seen!
I love your honey do kit, what a hoot!
Hubby did a great job, love the red toile too!
You do have so many interesting and neat things! I just love your house so much!
Hugs to you,
Cindy

Paula@SweetPea said...

I loved looking at all of your delightful antiques in your laundry area. If I were there in person, it would take me hours and hours to take it all in. Love it!

Salmagundi said...

As always, you have the greatest antiques; and they are displayed so great. I have a wonderful tool kit, too, that can do anything I ask of it (him!). The trouble is that he likes to work for other people, too; so I have to have an appointment to get my stuff done!! Have a great week. Sally

Life on the Edge said...

Wow, this turned out gorgeous! I would never have known it was wallpaper from the photos. I love bead board, and this is such a great way to bring the look of it into your home! You picked a perfect paint color too. Your decorations are so cute, but my faves are your toile Waverly valance, and those pretty plates surrounded by the fantastic red frame. Stroke of genius! Thanks for sharing.

Kady
Life on the Edge

Debbiedoos said...

By far the coolest laundry room I have ever ever seen. I love the clock..and I spied some of those old soap signs, I have some too.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, this is all just wonderful. I am drooling over all the antiques and you have everything decorated so beautifully. I absolutely love it. Wow. Hugs, Marty

Olive said...

The bead board is wallpaper? Cool. Your laundry room is off the chain (that means awesome in my world). hugs♥olive

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria! I love your laundry room! The bead board wallpaper looks great! I'm getting some bead board soon!! You have the most wonderful olden things in there! Love love love it.
Be a sweet good girl. Naw, just be sweet! :)
shelia ;)

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Gorgeous! Love the red transferward on the walls with the red frame....and the clock, to "die for". You and Tool Kit do good work.......well, maybe, your the supervisor! Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, I feel as if I've just taken another great museum tour at your house. I love the old boxes of detergent...everything is so perfect. I really just have to sit my hubby down one of these days and let him see all your blog posts...he would just go nuts over all this stuff. Love it!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Gloria, I have been wanting to try that wallpaper and I still may. I love how yours turned out. You have such great authentic antiques that ladies actually used back in the day. I haven't even started on my tiny laundry room yet. I have to take down a wallpaper border and prime and paint. Oh the work around here never ends.

Linda Q said...

Oh Gloria, I never tire of seeing your home and all your fun, old and unique stuff! Totally fun!
Hugs, Linda

Lynn said...

Your laundry room is great and almost makes doing laundry fun... almost! Lovin' your olden irons and the way you framed the dishes-enjoy:@)

Kathy said...

Wow! Gloria - you have some fantastic laundry room related collectibles! Fascinating, I just love it!
Hope you have a terrific week,
Kathy

susan said...

Gloria-I am going to have to go back and look at the post again--I was laughing too hard the first time! Tool Kit--hilarious! I don't think even I would mind doing laundry here--so much to look at. I can't believe the boxes still have the soap in them! I love the plates inside the frame...well, I love it all!

bj said...

O, Gloria...you are so so cute.
I would dearly love to walk thru your house someday. Your TOOL KIT is so handy!!

I love all your things you show us today but especially the olden wringers. They are beautiful. I tried to buy one a couple yrs ago off Ebay but the price got too high. Don't have a clue where I would have put it, anyway....:)
Have a good day, sweetie girl...

xinex said...

Oh Gloria, your laundry room is so much fun, so much to see! I wouldn't mind doing the laundry here and just admiring everything....Christine

xinex said...

Oh Gloria, your laundry room is so much fun, so much to see! I wouldn't mind doing the laundry here and just admiring everything....Christine

Unknown said...

I need a tool kit. Love those bloomers. You always make me laugh , i relate to your humor. And the bead board wallpaper? Brilliant. mishelle

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Sis...

Girl, I'm just now getting out of bed...can you believe that? Hehe! I'm one pooped out Granny!!! But..I just had to leave you a little note about your fabulous laundry room! Girlfriend, it turned out awesome...I love, love, LOVE IT!!! Lenny did a great job with all of those "honey do's"! Hehe! Sis, I love how the beadboard wallpaper looks and the paint color that you chose...soooo pretty! Ohhhh...that gorgeous window, all the trim, and those beautiful Victorian corner pieces are just gorgeous!!! Yes..YES your laundry room just "fits perfectly" with the rest of your beautiful home now! I'm sooo happy for you, Darlin'! I know how good it feels to finally get a project finished and your laundry room is perfect!!! I love how you hung the antique clock up...that's awesome!!! Hey Sis...your Waverly valance is just like mine that I have in my frenchy studio...shoot, now I forget what they call that style of valance but it's sooo pretty! Love how it looks with your pretty red transferware plates that you hung on the wall! Ohhh...and the red frame is perfect!!! I sure enjoyed looking at all of your antique/vintage laundry items again too! I just adore how you decorated this room!!! Girlfriend, it should be in a decorating magazine!!! Thanks for sharing it with us...such a treat!!! Ohhh...and I can't wait to see that outhouse bathroom! Hehe! I just know it will be awesome!!!

Well Sis, I hope that my note finds you well! I have so much to do today but bet I don't get much done! It'll probably take me all week to just let my body catch up! Hehe!

Love you, Sweet Sis!
Chari

Sue said...

the wallpaper looks so real! The room turned out great, you have fabulous collections G! I'm truly envious of your laundryroom...xoxo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I have similar textured wallpaper like ceiling tin, it really is nice to use!

Madeline's Album said...

What a great laundry room. So many antiques. Another great post. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Sue said...

This laundry room is amazing, with all its antiques and pretties.Love all the red plates inside the red frame. All of your collections are so cool. I just bought a mason jar lamp for $2.00. Needs a new shade, but it just might go into my laundry room. I have a collection of clothes pins that could get dumped in there. :-)
Love the clock. I need large numbers and letters too! Olden eyes?
hugs, Sue

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks beautiful! You do so much my friend...what kinda vitamins are you on? I need them! Your home is like a piece of history and so very interesting...thanks so much for sharing with us!

How is Candace? Oh, and I did not see the broom you mentioned. I swear I looked & looked.

Have a wonderful week!

xoxo
Pat

Through My Red Door said...

Love your antiques! It must actually be fun to do laundry being surrounded by all the great collectibles!
Sheila

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Gloria, I NEED one of those tool kits! You are a hoot! Love the new wallpaper, and I love getting to see all of your wonderful vintage laundry treasures again. How clever you are to paint that frame red and hang it around your plate display. Love the "drop your drawers". You add humor to everything! laurie

Unknown said...

You have some great antiques, and have a talent for using them to accessorize!

Thanks so much for linking to 2nd Time Around!

Tootsie said...

LOAD ER UP LENNY!!! I WANT IT ALL!!! INCLUDING THAT TOOL KIT!!! Len is a sweetie to help with all this!...but he's a lucky man to have such a wonderful woman...so I guess you are even!!!
it looks fabulous mom...wait till you see some of the things I have been working on...I have been busy! I will phone you Wednesday...I can hardly wait to chat to you...got lots to tell you...and I miss you...and can't wait to catchup...
until then...tell that tool kit to get busy and load those puppies into the van!!! lol
luv you mom!!!

Jeanne said...

Hi Gloria, this laundry is a number 10 in my opinion. Not that my opinion counts for much. My daughters sure want my opinion all the time. HA! This is fabulous. The vintage collection is so much fun. When I read that the bead board was wallpaper I let out a WHAT??? My dh was startled. He is definitely not a 'tool kit' I am the 'tool kit' around here. I actually like it. He is an engineer with his head in the clouds of math. I'm glad he won't read this. Smile. He is a darlin and we are looking at 50 years together soon. Oops off track here. In short the word is 'fabulous' Oops I already said that. HA!
Hugs, Jeanne

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Hi sweetie, had to let you know how much I loved the beadboard wallpaper, i need to redo the master bath and wanted a slipper tub with beadboard all around and a little soft gray and white marble...lol not much to ask do you think....i adore lthe laundry room you have done such a great job, you should be so proud of this great space...i will be back blogging soon, I still want to do some summer settings, wow doesn't time just get away from you...miss you all, thanks for being there...phyllis

Teresa~ Gardening with Soule said...

Wow wow wow. there is too much to take in. wonderful stuff!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a fun space! It all cam together great! Love all the vintage stuff! Jacqueline

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello dear Gloria,

LOve, love all of your vintage goodies! You home is indeed unique.
You have such cool stuff. I have the same lamp shade and little lamp in my kitchen. It is on a ball jar. Love how you put the clothes pins in it.

Debbie

Maureen said...

So much fun stuff that it's hard to pick a favorite!

Ulla said...

Well done, it looks lovely with all the old things and new wallpaper.

Vonlipi said...

Positively lovely!

You have a great eye for details. I love the still full soap box collection!

Thanks for sharing :)

Miri said...

Wonderful laundry room...its just full of treasures! The little child's laundry "tools" are fabulous.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! I love your little window and I'd never seen pillow dusters before! I do have to laugh as I've been up early with the baby and sleepily read "I still have two rolls of the TOILET paper left---I think I'll redo the outhouse with it." Ha! I got a little further before I decided to go back and re-read that! Maybe I should go back to sleep?

Happy VTT! Be sure to visit my blog for a great giveaway!

Sarah
***Visit my blog for a GIVEAWAY and new linking party!***
http://bloggingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-wednesday-party-link-up-giveway-too.html

Paulette said...

There are so many cool things going on here, but it all adds up to a wonderful space! Enjoyed seeing all the details.

bj said...

Just back to say that I, too, had a HONEY-DO whistle once, a long long time ago. Mr. Sweet says HE DID NOT HIDE IT FROM ME but.....I gotta say, I GOT MY DOUBTS!! heh heh .....

Susan said...

Gloria, I love your home. You are so talented in knowing how to display all your wonderful antiques!!

Lindsay said...

Hi Gloria! I'm new to your post and love it and all your antiques! I am a country store collector too, we have the bean counter, old jars, coffee grinder, signs etc. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts and seeing all your antiques. My husband and I have shopped often at Cheshire antiques over in Gardnerville too. It's one of our favorite shops. We live down in Elk Grove.

I have a question about your stocking stretcher with the Saffro advertising on it. Where did you find it? I have one like it and wondered if it was really old and authentic advertising. Just curious... thanks for a fun visit!