WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

September 11, 2009

~A LOVE STORY~

Bubba meets the girl of his dreams,His first cousin Patty Ann.


He takes her out for a special dinner, And shows her a good time at the Redneck Carnival at Diggerland.



The next day they spend together and Bubba shows off his water skiing skills.



Later that night, he romances her under Special mood lighting.


A week or so later, Bubba realizes This relationship is getting serious.He makes reservations for a Valentine's Day dinner. Patty Ann was So impressed with his thoughtfulness,




A month later he proposes to Patty Ann,



And he buys her a really purdy Engagement ring.



On the day of their wedding, he Tells her how much he loves her Just before the ceremony.




Then they're off to their Honeymoon Suite,



Where they open their wedding gifts. Their favorites ?
His was the New BBQ,





Hers was the Chandelier,



Bubba takes his new bride home.



He wants to tidy up the place, So he cuts the grass with his Riding mower.



Then Bubba decides to fix a few Things around the house.He makes the bathroom a little Nicer for his sweetie,




Repairs the mirror on her car,



And installs a new flat screen TV In the living room !



Bubba works hard at his job every day. He does the best that he can with Only a 5th grade education.



7 months later, they send Out announcements. Bubba Jr. Has arrived !


Now they are a family. They are so proud of Jr. And marvel At how he gets cuter every day.



8 years later, Jr. Starts kindergarten. Jr. Loves riding on the Redneck School Bus.



After 3 years in kindergarten, Jr. Finally Graduates to first grade. To celebrate, Bubba takes Jr. And his Classmates on a field trip.



Shortly thereafter, Bubba and the family Move to a different state and settle into Their new DREAM HOME on the river,

Where they live happily ever after !


The End....


May all you have a safe and great weekend...See you all on Monday.


Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria


35 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, help me!! I am in pain from laughing!! Each picture was better than the last..."I wish these were brains"!!...that had me.

Where in the world did you come up with this, Gloria? Well I got my laugh for the weekend!! Thanks!

xoxo
Janie

Kat said...

Gloria, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Girl, you really should do stand up! And don't tell anyone, but I think I saw that same mirror "fix" in the parking lot of our local Wal-Mart - not kidding! Thanks for the big belly laugh today, I needed it. And thank you so much for your comment on my 9-11 post. It meant alot to me and it seems as though we think the same way. I've always thought that are enemies must be just gleeful about all the infighting that's going on right now. Glad that there are so many level heads out there, maybe it will balance things out. Hugs, Kathy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hilarious! I am going to quit at that....!!

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Girl...this is just too funny! Thanks for giving me a laugh.

Connie said...

THAT. WAS. HILARIOUS. SWEETPEA!!!!!! When I saw the "girl" at first I though "oh, no, how could he fall for that?!" Beauty over brains??? Hah!
xoxo,
Connie

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

You are a hoot, Gloria! I laughed out loud. A lot! My redneck country boy hubby will enjoy this too. ;)

Four Paws and Co said...

OMG - this is a hoot! Good one Gloria!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How totally hilarious....you have such a great sense of humor!

Have a wonderful weekend....

Hugs,
Spencer

Draffin Bears said...

Oh that was so funny Gloria!
Thanks for giving us all a laugh.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh, you funny girl. This was hilarious! Have a great weekend yourself, sweet friend,
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm gonna be giggling all night after reading that one! It was hilarious. Thanks for making the end of the day so much fun!

Barbara Jean said...

Gloria, Very fun post!!

Thanks for coming by to see my treasures.

I found my other pics and have posted them and added my name again to the list.

blessings
barbara jean

Tootsie said...

this is seriously funny!!! great post mom!

Loretta said...

Oh Gloria, this was too funny! I'm still laughing while typing this! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I think we all needed this after yesterday with all of the sad posts! Have a great weekend sweetie and thank you for starting my day with a smile! Hugs, Loretta

Unknown said...

Gloria,
I am laughing so hard I'm crying, I can't wait to show this to DH. He will really like it. Thanks for the BIG laugh. I have to call my friends and have them see this one.
Sandy

josh said...

Grandma, that is too freaking funny. i loved the story and that picture of the baby boy is so freakin cute. i miss u grandma. cant wait to see you.
love your grandson,
Josh

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gloria, what a scream! My favorite part was the riding lawn mower that was welded out of a bike and a push mower. LOL! This was a HOOT! Thanks for the laughs.

Mr. Magpie got a kick out of it, too! He's now thinking he should make one of those lawn mowers for himself or maybe do a flatscreen by knocking out a wall! ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Linda said...

Oh gosh, Gloria, this was hysterical. Thanks for a good laugh!! Happy Saturday!
P.S. Where can I buy one of those t-shirts????? LOL

Madeline's Album said...

Very very funny.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh Gloria, this was an absolute scream. Didn't know for sure where that first picture was going to take us..lol.. can't wait to show Mr. p this one... have a super w/k..darling..hugs ~lynne~

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is great! Gotta show this one to my hubbs, he needs a laugh today! Thanks for coming by,
Debra

Heather said...

OH my word! that is too funny!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Gloria, This is so crazy and so true...you have to laugh at it...LOL ;) You gotta love the south! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Nancy

Dena said...

You are too funny! That was a laugh I really needed, thanks :)

Hugs,
Dena

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Gloria,
I laughed so hard!! For some reason that new flat screen tv just tickled my funny bone! That field trip, oh too funny! Hugs, cindy

Sarah said...

Great laugh for a rainy Saturday. You are too funny! ~ Sarah

Justine said...

OMG! Too funny, Gloria! I think you may have finally lost your damn mind! Heeheehee

Justine :o )

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Gloria, I am laughing out loud, and it's almost midnight! I'll never be able to to sleep. I'll be laying there thinking of these pictures, and I'll wake my husband with my laughter! Thanks for the laughs. laurie

xinex said...

You're a hoot, Gloria. LOL! This is so funny! Have a nice weekend...Christine

Kammy said...

GLORIA
GLORIA
GLORIA
GLORIA
Girl, I am laughing so hard !!!
Such a cute story...please tell me Bubba ain't a relative, LOL !!!!!
Kammy

The Raggedy Girl said...

I may be able to type this and tell you how great this was if I can quit laughing. That was one of the most funny things I have read in a long time.

The Raggedy Girl

bj said...

This is waaaay too funny, Gloria. i loved the flat screen tv best of all...Thanks a million for such a great laugh!!!
hugs, bj

Lynn said...

Gloria !
You are so funny!!!
I think I know those people!!!!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Girlfriend...

Hey...I don't see the humor in this! Many of those photos could have been shot at my place!!! And you know...Russell and I are kissin' cousins!!! LMAO!!!

Girlfriend, you crack me up!!! After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing so dang hard...OMG!!! You gotta love Bubba, wifey, and JR.!!! I was just elated to see that after working so hard, they finally were able to move into the home of their dreams! Heheheheheeeee!!!

Well...all I can say is Yeeeehawwwww!!!!!!!!

Hey Girl, how are you doing? Hope that you had a great weekend...what are you up to? We were out and about all weekend...took a trip into the big city...I got to go to Hobby Lobby! Yeeehawww!!! (see I told you I was redneck!) Russell's been really sick all week but was finally feeling good enough for us to get out this weekend! A bad cold! Poor guy! I haven't kissed him in a week...I don't want it!!! Ooops...not the kiss...the cold! Hehe!!! Write me a line and let me know what all you've been up to, Darlin!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Lady Katherine said...

I emailed this to hubby, and he says: to tell you, See there is other people out there that live like us! lol