WELCOME to HAPPY TO BE...This is a blog about my love of Antiques, My family, humor, as humor keeps us laughing and my every Day life...I hope you enjoy your visit...Please leave me a comment to let me know you Came by so I can visit with you Thank You !!...Hugs and Smiles, Gl♥ria

February 23, 2012

~ Jewelry Making 101 or Chain of Love~

Take one daughter (Dawna) and one Great Grandson (Landen)..add one box of macaroni ,some ribbon and paint..Send Mama shopping so we can made her some LOVE BEADS for Valentine's day..Landen is now 17 months old and just love to keep us gals busy..

My daughter Dawna just had her second back surgery in 4 months the day we spent with her..She now can not walk without the help of a walker..It's so sad for me as her Mama to see her like this and in so much pain..But I just know God has a plan for her


She adores her little Landen as everyone in our family does..he is our baby boy that almost didn't make it..
So busy painting..got to make this special for mama

I thought being a Mom was the greatest gift God had ever given to me..until I became a grandma ( X 7) and then God Blessed me with 9 great grands loves...Sometime my heart just swells with pride when I see my babies with grand babies of their own and I get down on my knees and thank the Lord that he gave me all this sweet family to love and care for..I look at all of them and like to think a little piece of me runs through there veins..
I really don't share much about my life on my blog..But I feel the need to just write it down so my daughters maybe will one day when I'm not here will know the Love I have for each of them and the many struggles I went through to keep my family intact..Family means the whole world to me..
I was a single mom by the time I was 23 with an 8,6 and  4 year old to take care of..Yes do the match I was only 16 when I had my first daughter 18 with the second and just turned 21 when Dawna was born..
My whole world as I knew it came to a terrible ending one September evening in 1967 at the time I thought it was the worst thing that could ever happen to my daughters and I...But as they say when one door closes another opens..Oh I was so scared how was I going to take care of my girls..of course I went running and crying to my sweet mama and she gave me the best advise I ever got,we did have welfare at that time..But my mama had a way of always putting it like it was and said " Gloria the state didn't bring these kids into the world and the state should not have to support them" like I said my mama was a wise woman..she said dry your tears and get a job!! You have 3 kids that need to be taken care of now..I did not have  child support payments..I had nothing, a house full of hand me downs, little food and NO money..I did have God and my mama so I had a strong team in my corner..
I also had a landlord that was a God send to me..he gave me 3 months free rent..How many landlords would do that now days..
The first thing I did was get a job as a waitress and learn to drive a car, I also another job and then another job so I was working 3 jobs..I use to laugh and tell people I had a job for each one of my kids and thank the Lord I didn't have 4 kids as there were no more hours in a day to work another job ha ha!!

I just know as women we are strong and as Mom's we are even stronger..I'm so proud to see my daughters grow up to be strong women and now Grandma's..
I remember looking around my apartment 45 years ago and how I wanted stuff ha ha!! Now I have a home full of stuff and found the most important stuff I had all the time was not stuff at all but my own daughters..God has truly Blessed me in life..Thank you God for giving me this gift of love that just keeps on giving... my prayers over 45 years ago have been answered 100 times plus more..
Until next time from my mountain to yours,
Hugs and smiles Gloria


28 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Ah Gloria, you brought tears to my eyes. You are so sweet and a beautiful Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother. All these, because you are an amazing woman!

Love you!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Gloria,

How lovely to see sweet Landen making some jewellery for his Mama.
They soon grow up, he is adorable.
Sending hugs
Carolyn

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a beautiful post...you are an inspiration to all the young Moms!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful post!

NanaDiana said...

Gloria- I am so with you on this! Your story put a tear in my eyes...you are a wonderful, strong, loving Mom and Grandmom and Great Grandmom and I'm betting you were a wonderful daughter, too. We had some hard times, too..but not as hard as you had it. At this age, I look around at all I have and know that is not what is important at all- what is important is family...and loving them. What a sweet family..and love that little Landen. xo Diana

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Our little ones are growing up so fast!
(((hugs)))

Blondie's Journal said...

I have learned, from smart ladies like you, that it isn't our stuff...it is the blessed children we put on this earth that makes us the happiest and most fulfilled. This is such a beautiful post, dear lady, thank you for opening your heart even wider. You have been through so much and you have so much to give. Amazing!

XO,
Jane

Madeline's Album said...

Gloria, Thank you for sharing this post with us. You are a remarkable mother, grandmother and great grandmother. You truly have been blessed. Landen is getting so big. He is a sweet boy. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Gloria! It was so interesting to hear your story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. My parents divorced when I was young so I was raised by a single mother too. She was older then you and had child support but it was still tough raising 4 children. I can really appreciate all that you must have gone through and done for your children and at such a young age! You are a strong and blessed woman! So sorry to hear your daughter is having a rough time right now. I will pray for her. I jumped down and read your previous post too and enjoyed it tremendously! What a hoot! That old Satan must have thought he was going to pull something over on you hiding inside that Greek God, little did he know who he was dealing with! LOL!

lvroftiques said...

Gloria this is such a wonderful homage to your daughters! You are SOOOOO blessed because you've been a fabulous mother! AND also a fabulous friend which is why we love you like the dickens! *winks* Little Landon couldn't be cuter! And wasn't that necklace the most precious thing?! I think I'd frame it *winks* I'm still saying prayers for Dawna that her back will quit giving her grief. Back pain is so common, but also so debilitating. Love you girl! Vanna

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a wonderful and inspirational post my dear Gloria!
I feel so bad for your daughter Dawna and her back...I so hope she keeps improving.
Landon is an adorable little boy! I think he would have a good time with Addison, they are both so close in age.
Hugs friend and thanks for sharing this heartfelt and touching story,.
Cindy

majewelersllc said...

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.I can really appreciate all that you must have gone through and done for your children and at such a young age!

Jewelry NJ

Unknown said...

That is just teh sweetest! Grandma happy is where its at! :)

Hugs,

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh sweetie, I can feel the love oozin' through you beautiful words here. What a lovely tribute to all generations here.

'Just beautiful girl!

God bless you sweet friend and have yourself a beautiful weekend!!! :o)

Dawna said...

Dear Mom,
All this would of not been possible without you thank you so very much for being there for me.
I always know that you are there for me and that means alot.I love you mom with all my heart and thank you for always listening to me when I need to talk.I do love you mom so very much and as I get older I do realize how much of your own life you put aside to take care of us.L♥ve y♥u,
Dawna ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. God blessed you for being a good supporter of your children. You are rich with family. I too raised my kids alone for many years, and it's really hard. I'm so sorry for your daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers. Little Landen sure is a lady killer!

Tootsie said...

oh mom...I am sure all the girls know just how lucky they are to have had a momma like you!!! You are one tough old bird my sweet lady...and I admire you and your spunk more than you know!
I miss you lady...love you lots and am lucky to call you mom too!
hugs!

bj said...

You are SOOOOO my hero.

Pamela said...

Gloria what a wonderful post! I tell ya I have a hard time sometimes with the fact that my babies are growing up. My oldest will be 8 in a few weeks and it seems like yesterday that he was just born. My mother in law tells me constantly that being a mother is joyful but that being a grandma is even greater! I am banking on that!

Melissa Miller said...

Love you sweet lady! You have many more *daughters* throughout the world. You are AMAZING!

Thank you so much for the pretty Valentine card. You are the best to think of us like that. I think of you often and am so glad you are doing better. Thank you God.

Love from your NC daughter,
~Melissa :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Gloria, there you go making me cry! What a story and what a wonderful woman you are. God made you strong and you've given Him the glory for seeing you through the good times as well as the not so good ones. You are just a fabulous mother, grandmother and grt gran!
I will be praying for Dawna to continue to heal. Hope you're doing better too, dear sweet friend.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Gloria, there you go making me cry! What a story and what a wonderful woman you are. God made you strong and you've given Him the glory for seeing you through the good times as well as the not so good ones. You are just a fabulous mother, grandmother and grt gran!
I will be praying for Dawna to continue to heal. Hope you're doing better too, dear sweet friend.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Dear Gloria,
What a dear post..your family has been blessed with a very special Mother! Your heart is full of love and it comes through in every post.
Our children are our blessings from God and as Moms we will always worry for them and feel their pain.
Little Laden is just a doll and he is getting so big.
Have a sweet week full of sweet moments.
Big hugs, Elizabeth

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What an inspiration you are, Gloria! You are one of the strongest ladies I know...been through so much and always risen above it all...remarkable! Love seeing that little Landen James...such a cutie! Special prayers and hugs for Dawna and you as you recover...♥...Debbie

momto8 said...

this is a beautiful story...all of it and in so many ways. thank you for your inspiration to go on and persevere and thank you for your example of faith through it all.
I love your grandsons jewelry...we too got a lot of milage out of a box of pasta!!!! I hope your daughter is feeling better everyday. God bless all of you.

Sue said...

Oh my...I was 27 with my first baby and I'm not sure I was ready then for what was to come! You have done an amazing job and the love for your family comes through on your blog all the time. This one though, is very special. Your girls should be very proud of their mama!

lvroftiques said...

Gloria that happy dance was just for you! YOU are the original Happy Dance girl! *winks*Girlfriend I'm calling you tomorrow so be home OK?....None of that crazy partying around the neighborhood OK?....*winks* Vanna

Debbiedoos said...

Your happiness and joy just jumps through the screen Gloria. What a beautiful post my friend.XO